The Pre-War Minor Network

A community for enthusiasts of the pre-war Morris Minor

Refueled & reinvigorated…

By | Headline News

Kenneth Allen has owned his 1934 Minor Saloon for almost four years but has been unable to use DG 8657 for a large part of the intervening period. Thankfully the traumas of that time are now behind both car and owner and ‘DouG‘ has once again taken to the streets of Surrey.

Network News

Hornet Specials page launched…

| News Story | No Comments
A swarm of Hornets! A new webpage celebrating the Wolseley...

Thoresby images…

| News Story | No Comments
A small collection of images taken at the recent Morris...

Hornet page updated…

| News Story | No Comments
Hornet news With a new Hornet Specials page about to...

Minors & Moths at Old Warden

| News Story | No Comments
Contemporaries... Various versions of the DeHavilland Moth were built at...

IOTW(s)no.394

By | IOTW

Click the image to see it full size.

Finchingfield, Essex

The beautiful village of Finchingfield in North West Essex is set in a shallow valley through which flows the Finchingfield Brook. Its village green provides a focal point and its around this central feature that the village grew and expanded. The Network’s 2014 rally passed through the village during the course of its Saturday tour and many rallyists stopped to take photographs. Philip Butland was one such photographer and he captured the green and its surrounds immediately after a thunderstorm. The second b&w image here was taken in early March 1937 and apart from a distinct lack of traffic it seems that little has changed in the intervening 77 years. (B&W image courtesy of LAT Images – An Autocar photo scan)

Sponsored by LAT Photographic Archive www.latphoto.co.uk

Triple M corner no.62

By | Triple M corner

The Triple M series of MG’s all belong to a family of models that commenced with the 1929 MG Midget and continued through to the mid-thirties via a long string of four and six cylinder OHC engined cars that forged the marques identity.

The Bugatti Owner’s Club held regular events on Gold Hill Common, Chalfont-St-Peter, Bucks throughout the early thirties. The gravel byway from the village to the top of the hill provided the track, with competitors generating thick clouds of dust as they negotiatiated the bends. Here 1930 MG Midget MG 764 commences the climb with an unknown driver at the wheel.

Can’t find what you’re looking for?

Visit the archive and see if you can find it there. We will be slowly adding pages from the archive back to the new site over the coming weeks an months.

NEW ENAMEL BADGES!

A new batch of enameled high quality club badges are now available. Priced at just £20 each + £1.00 P&P (U.K.) Order yours today by emailing info@prewarminor.com, stating quantity and delivery address.